Emerald Gaming Forums
Emerald Gaming Forums
Emerald Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Articles, News, Reviews and more. All at the EG Forums!

HomeNewsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hypah's Game Corner: Ryu Ga Gotoku Of The End (Yakuza: Dead Souls)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hypah
Banned
Hypah

Hypah's Game Corner: Ryu Ga Gotoku Of The End (Yakuza: Dead Souls) Empty
PostSubject: Hypah's Game Corner: Ryu Ga Gotoku Of The End (Yakuza: Dead Souls)   Hypah's Game Corner: Ryu Ga Gotoku Of The End (Yakuza: Dead Souls) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:00 pm

Hey Hypah here,
And I want to say thing, sometimes companies try to shift focuses in their games, this case goes to Undead Nightmare which added Zombies in Red Dead Redemption, Festival of Blood which put Cole as a freaking vampire and Call of Juarez: The Cartel, which….Never Mind.
Hypah's Game Corner: Ryu Ga Gotoku Of The End (Yakuza: Dead Souls) TheCartel
Well, Sega did this recently, with god knows what were they thinking when they made this: Ryu ga Gotoku of The End known here as Yakuza: Dead Souls

Yakuza is a series made by Sega with the focus of you being the leader (or trying to be the leader) of the Yakuza, I never played the Yakuza games with the Exception of Dead Souls, but the game is this sandbox action adventure in the style of GTA, however the game has more variations on melee combat and has this special meter for releasing your powers, it has also some pervert games such as this ping pong minigame, which you must hit the ball in a girl’s boobs, so she can have pleasure, when Ryu ga Gotoku of the End, was originally supposed to be released on March, but because of the Earthquake, it was delayed, in fact it was mistaking to be a game about a natural disaster instead of a zombie apocalypse, which lead to controversy.
Hypah's Game Corner: Ryu Ga Gotoku Of The End (Yakuza: Dead Souls) Yakuza-of-the-end
The Story is simple: Residents of Tokyo become zombies, the army fails to save the people, the Yakuza decides to reunite to defeat the zombies with the help of a woman who survived after the army who tried to save people from getting devoured. In addition Kiryu’s stepdaughter gets captured and he must save her, that’s the story, it’s not even in a nutshell, it is very uninspired, adds nothing to the game and it’s overused in thousands of zombie games, but the relations can get interesting in the story and voice acting is brilliant and well acted. Still, it might not make up for it, but I'd say story is acceptable in this game. After all, do you expect much from a Yakuza game? And at that a Yakuza game involving zombies? I thought not.
Hypah's Game Corner: Ryu Ga Gotoku Of The End (Yakuza: Dead Souls) YOTE-Game-Zombies
In this game, you control 4 men, they include: Goro Majima, who is simply badass and crazy, leader of the Mad Dog Construction Company; Shun Akiyama, a money lender; Ryuji Goda which has a fucking Mechanical arm that can transform into a gun and Kazuma Kiryu, the protagonist of the First Yakuza game, gameplay can be easily repetitive with the main focus on guns, you just run, shoot, run, shoot, it keeps getting annoying and doesn’t diversify, the Special attacks can be fun and Auto aim is helpful, especially against the main nemesis in the game, not the zombies…The Camera!
Hypah's Game Corner: Ryu Ga Gotoku Of The End (Yakuza: Dead Souls) Yakuza_of_the_end_ps3_box_art_japan
The camera is a *****, and can be possibly worse than Epic Mickey and Ninja Gaiden 2’s camera angles combined and it is incredibly hard to look at the enemies sometimes, the zombies also take a lot bullets to be killed, it becomes a pain to shoot at them, especially when there are too many of them, the sandbox overworld is interesting featuring lots of residences in Japan such as Don Quijote shops, Pachinko, etc. And it looks really nice I actually liked seeing the Japanese Urban landscape in this game it looked good, it felt like I was in Tokyo and the characters look good, but not to the point of being realistic, they look like they are obese sometimes with their fat cheeks, too bad that fades because of the zombies and Tokyo goes into horseshit, but returning to zombies, their designs look unoriginal, with majority of the zombies looking like it came from a Left 4 Dead game, especially that fat zombie that pukes, that’s a complete rip-off

Overall, this game is not recommended for people, Story is cliché, the camera is terrible, the gameplay becomes annoying, but it has some cons such as the landscape, character design and Good Voice acting.
Overall Rating:
5.2/10
Mediocre

I’m Hypah saying Karaoke in this game is weird…
Back to top Go down

Hypah's Game Corner: Ryu Ga Gotoku Of The End (Yakuza: Dead Souls)
Page 1 of 1