Emerald Gaming Forums
Emerald Gaming Forums
Emerald Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Articles, News, Reviews and more. All at the EG Forums!

HomeNewsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Haruhi
Haruhi

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I review Empty
PostSubject: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I review   Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I review EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:43 pm

Concept;

The concept of the game was to bring the 2-Ds back to life by making stages and bosses similar to the classics. However, this game has features that would being other demographics to play this game. This game wasn't just made for the fans who liked the classics as you can tell with the modern Sonic skin and the homing attack to make the gameplay more fun and interesting.

The special stages in this game are alot easier since all you have to do is tilt your screen to where you want to land.

Gameplay;

The gameplay was interesting. You could attack in two ways, bonce off an enemy or use your homing attack, Matter of fact; there's a video of someone playing the game like a classic game:

However, I prefer to play it with the homing attack since it makes the game easier and more fun to play as I kept racing through the game. The sense of speed was good, especially with the boosters. Only problem was that when I spindash up a slope, I uncurl and sometimes I loose my rings bumping into enemies and that's not cool! lol; About the physics, they are different. They were meant to make the game different than the genesis titles. Some go in a 90 degree angle however there's games that have Sonic going in different ways. Nonetheless, the physics are good, but they could use some work. I didn't mind Sonic standing sideways but I felt that I was loosing traction as I was doing down the path. Weird;

Graphics;

the graphics were awesome; nuff said.

OVerall;

All and all, this game is a truly one of a kind 2-D game. This game made the classic feel more exciting and worth playing, while adding some modern touches to pull in the modern fans. I feel that Dimps can make a good game, however, this game needs some work such as Splash Zone music and the uncurling.

Also the EGG Stations where you can revisit old bosses again was pretty good as well seeing as you can test your abilities before fighting the big boss. I also like how the game was almost in 2.5D. Case in point; I like this game.

Final score? 9
Back to top Go down
Gaming Misfit
Administrator
Gaming Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I review   Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I review EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Hey, good review.
Back to top Go down
https://emerald-gaming.forumotion.com
Azzy
Forum Hero
Azzy

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I review   Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I review EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Hmm... It's a good game on its own merit, fair review for not raging about the physics or comparing it endlessly to the classics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I review   Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I review Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I review
Page 1 of 1