By registering for the forums and using your account, you therefore agree to all of the following terms regardless of specific conditions. You also agree that you may be held accountable of punishment from the Emerald Gaming Forums staff for violating these rules. Your cooperation in following these rules helps us keep the Emerald Gaming Forums a stable and well knit community.
1. No form of abusive, cruel, vulgar, or threatening posts or discussions of any form will be tolerated on EG's website. Whether it be via forum discussions, Chat room, Private Messaging System, so forth. These types of conflicting posts can fall under the category of racist, sexual, threatening or degrading insults. We also find fault with mocking other's religious, moral, or political views. Please be respectful to other members and as the golden rule would say "treat others as you would like to be treated".
2. No spamming through off-topic or unrelated posts or topics. Please try to keep from de-railing any threads and always focus on what's at hand. When a staff member says "get back on topic" we mean it. Also, any form of random advertising or showing a creation of your's is not allowed unless it's shown with a reason. We love seeing community creations and sites that have been put together, but only in the appropriate place with an appropriate reason. If you're unsure if what you want to show is appropriate, contact a moderator/administrator for help. We're always there to answer questions. For fastest results you might want to contact an administrator, however (That would be me or Azzy).
3. We have decided to not place censors in our forums, since we feel our members are mature enough and do not need them. However, we ask that our members try to avoid being crude and unfriendly. If we find too much fault in the way you act we will be placing censors. So for the sake of speech, please be polite. With that said, calling someone out on their mistakes with maybe a bit of a "rude" behavior is not generally unacceptable but when it's carried to a level of offensive it's not tolerated.
4. Although we won't be particularly strict or enforcing of this rule, we would appreciate our members putting effort into their posts and using proper grammar and spelling. It helps show the website in a positive light as a group of intellectual people. This rule WILL however be enforced in our Review Corner, as we would like that to look particularly professional. Also, don't be surprised or offended if an Administrator has edited one of your posts to where it would be correct in terms of literature and grammar.
5. Threatening, bullying, or harassing staff members of EG will NOT be tolerated by ANY means at all. If you have a problem with a member of the forums (staff or regular) contact a administrator. If it IS one of the moderators please contact me or Azzy. If it's one of us, contact the other explaining the issue and we can calmly talk it over. Of course, for direct answers or conversation calmly explain your problem to the one causing it VIA PM. PLEASE do NOT make a public discussion discussing your problems.
6. Any form of pornography or suggestive material will result in an immediate permanent ban from the forums and/or an account deletion as well as an IP Address ban. We take this rule very seriously because not only do WE not allow it, but Forumotion (the program used to create Emerald Gaming) prohibits any of it's affiliates or websites to use pornography. Please don't cause trouble for us and think it would be funny to post pictures of an inappropriate image, because it really isn't funny. It causes a hassle for us to go through, and quite frankly we don't appreciate it.
7. No topics regarding a leave of absence are accepted from regular members. Moderators/Admins/Writers are allowed to do these. Why are we doing this? Often topics discussing suicide or leaving a forum become a "because this person said this" type topic and here at EG we are totally against gossip and drama. We DO allow our staff to make absence topics because we feel the community needs to know what has happened to the people helping keep the torch up. Of course, we won't allow them to make it a "because he/she said this and that" type deal either.
8. No alternate accounts or ban dodging are permitted. Our word is final.
Overall, these should mostly be common sense. I don't like putting you guys on a leash, but really most of this should just come naturally to you. With that said, just play it cool, play it smart and you'll be just fine here.