Emerald Gaming Forums
Emerald Gaming Forums
Emerald Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Articles, News, Reviews and more. All at the EG Forums!

HomeNewsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Member Association.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Straw Hat Eddy

Member Association. Empty
PostSubject: Member Association.   Member Association. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:29 pm

Noticed this Forum didn't have a topic like this. So here's what you do.

the purpose is for you to look at the person above you and say a little something about them. It's a really nice way to get to know your fellow members and have fun in the process. There are certainly going to be a few more rules this time around to ensure that things go more smoothly and that people aren't just abusing the system to be selfish. I know it's fun to get appreciated back, but you also need to remember that it's not the whole purpose of this (or at least pretend it's not)

So like I said you see the member above you and post a couple sentences about them (and yes I do mean a couple, one sentence or just completely effortless/spammy posts are not going to be allowed). Members have their profile and their posting history to give you things to say about them so for the most part you shouldn't have a lack of information. You should take some time to actually research and think about what you want to say about the person above you, especially if you don't know them that well. We're not looking for biography level here, but show that you care ~

So just to help give you an idea I'll list out some things/rules for you

1. It should go without saying that you can only say positive things about the person above you. If you don't have anything nice to say about them then don't post under them....but it also may be your chance to mend things with a member you've had a rocky relationship with.

2. A level of effort is required as said before. Since this means you might have to take some time to research the member and are in danger of having someone post before you and ruin all your hard work, you may post claiming the person while you are researching/writing your post. Please don't claim someone if you are going to take a long time to respond though, you're not putting them on reservation for life. Also I do not want to see any posts along the lines of "Sorry I don't know much about you..." That means you really didn't put ANY consideration of the other person into your post. Something like that may just result in you being kicked out of the topic.

3. Your posts in here are \only\ to be about appreciating the person above you. If you want to thank someone/have something more to say to the person then we have comments and PMs. This also being said, DO NOT post complaining if you got skipped over. The problem with this is a lot of times you say something like "I just got skipped over so go back and edit your post about me and the next person ignore this." Yet you in turn many time also cause the person above you to be skipped over. It's lame if you got skipped over and hopefully some nice person who is posting later might also post about you...but like I said the point of the topic is to get out there and get to know your fellow member, not to be constantly talked about (and if you're posting to be talked about, at least try to hide that fact >:UUU)

4. This rule is very important. Do not, Do Not, DO NOT, DO NOT complain about something another member wrote about you. They are going to try and write about you as best as they can and if it's not to your liking then you can just get over it and not throw a fit. Anyone who is seen doing this will be barred from the topic.

This is a really fun thing you guys, and I know how much you liked it last time so lets keep things in the right spirit here.

Ok and just to start things off not being selfish myself, I'll let the first person who posts choose anyone they want ~~ Go forth and have funneth kids ~
Back to top Go down
Gaming Misfit
Administrator
Gaming Misfit

Member Association. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Association.   Member Association. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Eddy's an awesome guy for several reasons, but I guess I should start from the beginning when I first met ole' Eduardo.

Being a newbie at SSMB back in the summer there weren't many members to talk to, and the few that would talk were often very anti-social to us SEGA Forums members. The biggest mistake of my opening to SSMB was probably the point where I said "I joined here because the SEGA Forums got hacked". An immediate RAGE-storm started to pour on me, and from that point on for the next few weeks very few members of SSMB liked me.

Eddy was one of the exceptions however. He was always friendly with me, and he would do his best to explain things to me about the community. When the regulars at SSMB finally got over their butthurt at me, Eddy still crutched me along the way and helped me out.

Even now with EG, he does everything he can to help me AND the community, and I couldn't ask for a better friend of him.
Back to top Go down
https://emerald-gaming.forumotion.com

Member Association.
Page 1 of 1