Emerald Gaming Forums
Emerald Gaming Forums
Emerald Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Articles, News, Reviews and more. All at the EG Forums!

HomeNewsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Day of the Wii

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ulyaoth
Ulyaoth

The Day of the Wii Empty
PostSubject: The Day of the Wii   The Day of the Wii EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Uly was born and raised a loyal nintendo boy. NES... SNES... N64... Gamecube. I had a game boy, game boy color, game boy advance. I also had an xbox and playstation 2.

That last part must be where I went wrong. Because nintendo stabbed me in the back. They stabbed so many of us loyal nintenboys RIGHT IN THE BACK!!

The Wii...

Look at our new console, they said. You're gonna wave this stick around to play games. Motion control! Now you too can stand in your living room waving this wand around like a retard. You won't be playing any video games where anyone can see you from now on, that's for sure.

Oh, and look... we put like 2 buttons on it. Today's controllers are much too complex for anyone under 12 or over 50... WHO WE'RE PANDERING TO, NOW! EVERY GAME WE MAKE WILL BE MADE WITH CHILDREN AND THEIR GRANDPARENTS IN MIND!!

It was then that I knew how those kids feel, when the pedophile they thought they loved tell them "you're too old now". Nintendo shooed me out the door. "We don't want your kind anymore."

How do you feel about it?
Back to top Go down
Gaming Misfit
Administrator
Gaming Misfit

The Day of the Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Day of the Wii   The Day of the Wii EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 5:47 pm

It's an okay console I guess.

Main issue with it is that as you said, most games are for the "easy-going, casual, simplistic" gamers. Usually, kids, grandparents, family fun stuff.

But as for the remote you can always use the "classic controller" and for when you can't it's usually not that horrible.

Plus the games on the Wii VC are alot cheaper than on PSN and XBLA usually. Even if it is mostly just Nintendo games, it's a pretty solid deal.
Back to top Go down
https://emerald-gaming.forumotion.com
Arle985

The Day of the Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Day of the Wii   The Day of the Wii EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:48 pm

The Wii's an alright console, but it's nothing special. I like some of the games that are on it, though. Compared to the likes of the Gamecube, SNES, and N64, the Wii's the weakest console from Nintendo due to the game library being nothing but casual titles. :/
Back to top Go down
Cola
Insane Admin
Cola

The Day of the Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Day of the Wii   The Day of the Wii EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:48 pm

The reason it's got so many casual games is because of the flood of shovelware, with developers trying to cash in on the motion control craze.

It's unfortunate, really. Nintendo, as well as many other companies offer great hardcore games and whatnot.

Of course, Nintendo's ship is sinking in a sea of shovelware.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Day of the Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Day of the Wii   The Day of the Wii Empty

Back to top Go down

The Day of the Wii
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Emerald Gaming Forums :: Nintendo Gaming Archive-
Jump to: