Emerald Gaming Forums
Emerald Gaming Forums
Emerald Gaming Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Articles, News, Reviews and more. All at the EG Forums!

HomeNewsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hypah
Banned
Hypah

Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) Empty
PostSubject: Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1)   Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:44 pm

Hey, long time no see, it’s time to continue my top 20 list which I had almost forgot days ago and now here comes the last chapter, the climax, this is the top 20 games of 2011 (10-1)

Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) Bulletstorm-cover-sm
Bulletstorm

Bulletstorm is a great FPS, this is what Duke Nukem Forever failed to deliver, if you always complain that FPSs lack colour, well take a look at Bulletstorm with one of the most colourful graphics in FPS history, the gameplay is great akin to Doom and Quake, the weapons are badass, though the story and characters are the things that this games does terribly, not to mention the cheesy jokes, it’s the 90s all over again (I dunno if that’s good or bad).

Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) Mario3d_land_box
Super Mario 3D Land

I really liked this game mixing 3D Mario gameplay with 2D elements such as timer, tiny Mario and such, it was a great way to open up the Mario games on the 3DS and I liked the 3D effects and the gyroscope mechanism they used, though why does Nintendo try to make the game easy for newcomers, first they add the damn Super Guide, then they make a handicap for the losing team in the multiplayer mode in the upcoming Kid Icarus Uprising by letting one of the players control Pit which is stronger than the customizable characters and now they add Star Tanooki or whatever you call that thingmajing which makes you invisible through the entire level, man up Nintendo!

Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) SonicGenerationsCover
Sonic Generations

The blue bur is back and man did this game finally nailed the thing fans wanted: a good sonic game (this game and Colours), the classic sonic gameplay even though not looking completely like the genesis version as it said it would be is still a very good addition and modern sonic’s gameplay is also good and very enjoyable (removing the blocky gameplay from colours which you need to stop speeding up to do some platforming and adding more speed), though there are some complaints like lack of story yeah it lacks it’s just sonic saving his friends in this weird white background not to mention dozens of plot-holes and some side quests are just plain boring, but overall it was a great welcome back to Sonic and as I heard he is getting rebooted and I think Generations is a good way to close the saga before the “reboot”

Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) Batman-arkham-city-wallpaper
Batman Arkham City

Now I’m a huge fan of the stealth genre and so am I a fan of the Caped Crusader and when I got this game I really liked and played it a lot just to beat the game in a short amount of days (wanna know why? Well I don’t know I just felt that I needed to do this challenge, though Zelda, Skyrim and Uncharted kept me unfocused), I really liked how they putted this new sandbox styled game and the new weapons, though I have some cons, I thought the stealth was too easy in which you can quickly pass by just spamming smoke pellets, Drop attacks and going through vantage points (Not to mention just fight back on their sight (unless there are millions of people with guns)) and the fighting mechanism is lame yes they added the opportunity of putting gadgets on the fight but they were completely worthless.

Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) MK9logo2
Mortal Kombat

What can I say about Mortal Kombat, it’s one of the most badass franchises in the world, and this game brought back what the fans were waiting for: Fatalities, Blood, Gore, 2D gameplay, a great story mode, babilities, DLC and Kratos (wait, what?).
The online modes are top notch though the lobby ain’t one of the best, I had more fun playing this than Marvel vs. Capcom 3, though I detest how my friends keep spamming the same attacks with Scorpion and mostly Sektor (GODDAMMIT TELEPORT PUNCH!).

Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) 6390595383-Rayman+Origins+Xbox+360
Rayman Origins

What can I say about Rayman, one of the video game industries’ most iconic mascots is back with Rayman Origins (which the name Origins is weird as it’s affirmed the game is a sequel to past Rayman games), the game is gorgeous with hand-drawn graphics, flashy colours and most importantly 4-player co-op that isn’t as annoying as New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which doesn’t make the whole game irritating but rather balances it and not to mention it’s soundtrack which sounds amazing.

Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) InFamous2_Blog
inFamous 2

inFamous 2 was a great experience, I really liked how they expanded the open world in this game and how they amplified the upgrade system, not to mention top-notch voice acting and interesting characters, the boss battles are just epic though the boss battles were only with giant monsters and really made the boss battles damn repetitive compared to the ones in the first game, but overall infamous is my pick for the PS3 keep in mind Hypah didn’t play Uncharted 3 (No bitching).

Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) Legend-of-Zelda-Skyward-Sword
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Best Zelda ever, the game managed to become equal in quality as Skyrim with dozens of places to explore, interesting battles and motion controls thanks to the Wii MotionPlus and not to mention a very deep storyline that even though with humour still has the serious tone from Twilight Princess, though it does wish us fans that the game should have voice acting (Dammit Miyamoto), not to mention the vibrant graphics that even though with the Wii’s limitations, it still makes it look epic, my pick for the Wii.

Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) Skyrim-logo-485x284
Skyrim

The game manages to put a great experience to the player and it is actually more addicting than World of Warcraft and Animal Crossing combined, making you double-wield swords and magic, Skyrim lets you in the control of a Dragonborn, a human with a blood of a dragon, the main thing about Skyrim is quests, it makes the game never end and the huge lands and massive world in the game makes this game a masterpiece, the only downgrade is its opening which in my opinion make the game seem like it’s gonna suck, it made you just force to see the surroundings and listen to some prisioners talking.

Now let’s make a recap before we get to Number 1

20. Back to the Future: The Game
19. Terraria
18. Orcs must Die
17. Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure
16. Hard Corps: Uprising
15. Total War Shogun 2
14. Kirby’s Return to Dreamland
13. Cave Story 3d
12. LA Noire
11. Bastion
10. Bulletstorm
9. Super Mario 3D Land
8. Sonic Generations
7. Batman Arkham City
6. Mortal Kombat
5. Rayman Origins
4. inFamous 2
3. Zelda: Skyward Sword
And
2. Skyrim

Number one:
Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) Saints-Row-The-Third-2011-poster1
Saints Row: The Third

When GTA was making a lot of money in the PS2, a lot of companies started to rip off Rockstar by publishing what seems to be the same game with a different purpose these include: The Scarface games, Godfather game and True Crime though they did have some factors that made them different from GTA such as Godfather and Scarface having better developed stories and a scenario akin to both movies, True Crime made us cops, but Saints Row was the exact fucking same, yeah the later game would have online but that was it, and the online was kinda crappy, Saints Row was GTA only published by THQ, hmph, I wonder how they developed the idea.

Random Employee: Hey boss, I have the best game idea ever, check this out!
*slaps THQ logo on GTA San Andreas boxart*

THQ CEO: My god, you are a genius, MARRY ME!

Though this game changed everything making Saints Row not the same as GTA, yes it still has a formula similar to GTA, but it has completely changed, the game has now way more over the top action, it’s humorous, the shooting mechanics are better, heck, even Hulk Hogan is in this game, who wouldn’t to play a game with Hulk Hogan on it?

Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) HHME-Box-Front_02

That doesn’t count

Anyway, the game has also tons of things for you to do and has way more interesting missions than the GTA series in which you were only there to kill people, but Saints Row just has a more interesting and goofy story in my opnion and a thing that games are lacking nowadays: COLOURZ!!!!111!!!!

Saints Row the Third is my pick of the year

I’m hypah saying coming up next: EG Spotlight #2!
Back to top Go down
Bobabounty
Bobabounty

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1)   Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:27 am

How could you pick SR:3 out of every great game that came out. Disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Gaming Misfit
Administrator
Gaming Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1)   Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:53 am

It's called an opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://emerald-gaming.forumotion.com
Bobabounty
Bobabounty

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1)   Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:57 pm

And I just stated my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Hypah
Banned
Hypah

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1)   Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:42 pm

Changed my opnion on first place, the new winner is.........PORTAL 2!
Back to top Go down
Knuckles
Forum Hero
Knuckles

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1)   Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 7:27 pm

Hypah wrote:
Changed my opnion on first place, the new winner is.........PORTAL 2!
I just got that game a few days ago.
Back to top Go down
Burkman
Man With a Harmonica
Burkman

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1)   Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 7:47 pm

My favorite game of 2011 = I haven't a goddamn clue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1)   Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1) Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 20 Games of 2011 (10-1)
Page 1 of 1